Rather than fix the root cause problems, the CDC will enlist public relations consultants and fix this with a propaganda campaign – and the CDC will continue business as usual:
These surveys show that the CDC will need some perception rehabilitation, particularly among those who reported intending to vote for someone other than Biden or not vote at all (who had low levels of initial trust that declined even further). Although we know that the Black community has had low trust in the CDC, it is now similarly low across all of the groups.
- In January 2020, the CDC declined to use an inexpensive Covid-19 test made available to it by WHO, and instead said it would develop its own.
- The CDC spent February 2020 using their in house developed Covid-19 test – even though they knew it was defective (due to incompetent and very basic failures in preventing contamination of the test kits).
- The CDC then spent March and April insisting that tests could only be done by government laboratories and not the private sector.
- This single failure likely led to the explosion of cases in the U.S. The CDC failed in its #1, primary mission: total failure. This is literally the entire reason the CDC exists and they failed due to their own screw ups.
- The CDC Director Robert Redfield said on July 14, 2020 that if everyone wore face masks, the pandemic would be over with within weeks. The data indicate that in almost all states, compliance was reaching 80 to 90%+. Yet by fall, Covid-19 test cases exploded by a factor of 10x or more. Even in states without mask mandates, around 70+% were wearing face masks in indoor situations.
- In April 2021, the CDC released new guidance on travel saying travel for the vaccinated is low risk, except you should not travel, because travel is not low risk. And if you are vaccinated, you need to present proof of being vaccinated AND a negative Covid-19 test; but if you’ve had Covid-19 already, you only need proof of that. Because apparently having Covid-19 is more effective than a vaccination?
The CDC is a mess, they know it, but they won’t fix it.