Bill Gates has become a parody of living the green life:
Bill Gates says he buys green aviation fuel, uses solar panels on his homes and eats synthetic meats to reduce his carbon footprint as he stresses the importance of consuming less
Source: Bill Gates says he buys green aviation fuel, uses solar panels on his homes and eats synthetic meats | Daily Mail Online
- He buys “green aviation fuel” for his FLEET OF PRIVATE JETS, a helicopter and a seaplane
- Uses solar panels on his homeS (yes, FIVE MANSIONS)
- One of which is 66,000 square feet in size, and all are very large
- He does not own a yacht but charters super yachts
- He not only eats “synthetic meats”, he made very large investments in a leading synthetic meat manufacturer
… and he stresses the importance of consuming less.
His carbon foot print is 3 to 4 orders of magnitude greater than mine. At least.
This is hypocrisy on the level of John Kerry, the climate czar, who flies around the world in his private jet lecturing us peons on why we need to make huge sacrifices.
Posting this is a awkward as I have met Bill several times in the past, admire him and his work, and have been in his “old house” and in his new home when it was under construction. Bill has made unbelievably massive donations to important functions that help a lot of people and the future of humanity. He is a good and decent person contrary to how many view him. I have not read his book on climate change but based on a review, I think his ideas make far more sense than most rhetoric on that subject. But considering his lifestyle, his climate advocacy turns into a parody – and he seems to acknowledge that.