EV enthusiasts like to say that EVs catch fire 1/10th as often as gas vehicle fires. But gas vehicles do not generally spontaneously combust when parked in their garage … and then burn down the house.

The fire inspector cited the thermal management system in one of the Tesla Model S sedans as one of two possible causes in the blaze, which showed what can happen when one electric car ignited another in the garage.

Source: While they were asleep, their Teslas burned in the garage. It’s a risk many automakers are taking seriously.

They need to get a handle on this and fast. Chevy Bolt’s are now on their 2nd recall for spontaneous battery combustion.

Coldstreams Skeptic