EU proposing color coded “Security labels” for #IOT devices
When the going gets tough, the tough form a committee
Hmmmm …. I guess this is to inform the purchaser or user of a device as to the state of the device’s security. Would this be like the color coding scheme used to triage patients at a major incident?
- Green = can walk, help can be delayed
- Yellow = injured, needs medical care, but stable, not immediately life threatening
- Red = immediate attention needed/life threatening situation
- Black = dead or expected to die before they can be cared for
At a mass casualty incident, responders must quickly sort through the injured and provide care to the worst off (Red) patients first.
For IOT Security, would this be:
- Green = mostly secure, if properly configured
- Yellow = secure from casual attacks but still vulnerable
- Red = easily broken security
- Black = no security at all