Australian government committee suggests significant regulations on all #drones over 250 grams #UAS #UAV #Quadcopters
- Calls for registration of all drones over 250 grams.
Calls for considering future technologies including:
- Calls for geo-fencing to make drones incapable of being launched near sensitive locations. Calls for “absolute prohibition” of flight over public buildings and “critical infrastructure”
- New low-altitude air traffic control system for drones.
- Beacon IDs on drones
- Possibly requiring “detect and avoid capabilities” on all drones in the future.
- Enhanced laws on privacy
- Notes problems with “untrained and unlicensed operators”