This one was not an EV but a portable stand alone Li-ion battery pack.

The failure of a charging portable lithium-ion battery pack sparked a fire Saturday night that destroyed a detached garage and also damaged a nearby home, initially protected by residents with a garden hose, officials said.

Source: Lithium-ion battery pack sparks fire that destroys Powell Butte detached garage – KTVZ

I have an 18 amp hour portable battery pack, likely similar to this, sitting on the floor beside me. Think it will only charged outside. This is the 2nd large fire, locally, due to Lithium batteries – the other being the spontaneous combustion of a Jaguar EV a week ago.

By EdwardM