In reality, the rushed doomsday forecasts and commitment to politically correct pseudoscience prompted leaders to abandon decades of pandemic planning. This not only had disastrous economic consequences, but it also exacerbated the effects of COVID-19 itself. And rather than swiftly correct their errors, public health officials and politicians doubled down, manipulated data, and blamed ordinary people for the failure of nonsensical policies. The uncomfortable truth is that “The Science” did not protect vulnerable populations. Instead, “expert” advice served only to make the pandemic more deadly and replace the scientific process with destructive anti-science.
Basic civil, human, and economic rights were violated under demonstrably fraudulent pretenses. The sacrifices we thought we were making for the common good were sacrifices made in vain. Unlawful lockdowns demoralized the population and ruined lives. The tragic reality is that this was all for nothing. The only way to prevent these events from recurring is to exhaustively investigate not just the origin of the virus, but every corrupt and misguided decision made by politicians, NGOs, public health organizations, and scientific institutions made since its fateful emergence.
- Experts were wrong.
- Models were fiction.
- Politicians were incompetent.
- Public health strategies were not just failures, they likely caused more harm than benefit.
- Public health quacks knew their strategies were not working (which is consistent with pre-pandemic studies that found they did not work). Rather than acknowledge their failures, they doubled down on their failed strategies, killing more people.
- Guidelines and rules were arbitrary, rarely based on evidence.
- Guidelines were implemented and changed for political reasons.
- They changed the PCR cycle testing threshold from a higher level for unvaccinated to a lower level for vaccinated, and only count post vaccinated positive tests if the person is hospitalized. If the same cutoff had been applied prior to vaccination, case counts might have been as much as 90% lower.
Epidemiology has the accuracy of astrology and the honesty of alchemy. The incompetence in the field is staggering – look at the failed past predictions of IHME, ICL, Michael Osterholm or Eric Feigl-Ding, and many others.
They have destroyed confidence and trust in all of science and all government institutions.