Video DSLRs – “rolling shutter”, “aliasing” and “moire”
If you are interested in using new “Digital SLRs” for video, you may want to read up on some issues related to “rolling shutter”, “aliasing” and “moire” that can plague the use of DSLRs for videos. I’ve posted some items on those topics over at my Coldstreams.com/video blog.
- Olympus E-5 DSLR reviewed: solid upgrade for E-3 owners, not much appeal for anyone else (engadget.com)
- Canon’s new XA10 prosumer camcorder (feldmanfile.blogspot.com)
- Review: Olympus E-5 Professional DSLR (pixiq.com)
- Magic Lantern Boosts Your Canon DSLR’s Video Capabilities [Video] (lifehacker.com)
- Pentax offers new firmware for K-7 and K-x DSLRs (slashgear.com)