DirecTV begins working on broadcasting Ultra HDTV signals – Yahoo! News. When 1920×1080 imagery just doesn’t cut it, I guess, you’ll soon need to upgrade to a 4000 or 8000 pixel wide television receiver. Some of those pixels might be used to deliver 3D imaging too … but what will we do with the hundreds of millions of HDTVs that are suddenly out of date?
Tests show that a lot of people do not notice any difference between 1280x720p and 1920x1080p – but marketing will likely convince them they absolutely must upgrade to 8k
Posting will remain light as I will likely be traveling to visit a close relative that experienced an emergency last week.
- TV Execs Bullish on 4K and 8K, Less So on 3D (geobrava.wordpress.com)
- Why the new iPad’s resolution is irrelevant to HDTVs (reviews.cnet.com)
- LG to Showcase 84-Inch 3D HDTV at 2012 CES (pcworld.com)
- Sharp 8K Super Hi-Vision LCD, 4K TV and Freestyle wireless LCD HDTV hands-on (engadget.com)
- LG will show off 84-inch 4k LCD 3D HDTV at CES 2012 (zdnet.com)