This would apply also to anyone else, including marketeers, not just journalists:
But what works? Facebook’s findings, based on the analysis of 25 journalist Pages across local, national and international media, show that “socializing” content, such as adding personal analysis to posts, and the use of images, are a must.
Tempting as it is to auto-publish stories to Facebook Page newsfeeds, adding a personal note lets Fans know the writer behind the news is engaging with them rather than employing an auto-publisher. Posts that include a journalist’s analysis and personal reflections were found to receive 20% more referral clicks than that of an average post.
- Facebook’s Study of Journalist Page Engagement Reveals Page Post Best Practices (insidefacebook.com)
- Best practices for engaging users on Facebook (cyberjournalist.net)
- How journalists can use Google+ circles (blogs.journalism.co.uk)
- 20 Expert Tips for Better Facebook Marketing (hubspot.com)
- Social Video Boosts Engagement For Brands & Businesses (reelseo.com)